Black Pork Curry
01 kg Pork (with fat)
01 tsp raw curry powder
01 tsp roasted curry powder
01 tsp chili powder
01 tsp crushed pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon sticks crushed
1/2 tsp Garcinia (Goraka) soak in vinegar mashed
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
100g sliced onion
100g sliced garlic
50g sliced ginger
05g curry leaves
05g Pandanus (Rampe)
05g lemongrass chopped
05g sliced green chili
01 tsp mustard cream
01 tsp vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Preparations: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- Cut the pork (with fat) into one inch size pieces
- Marinate with raw curry powder, chili powder, crushed pepper, cinnamon, Garcinia (goraka), turmeric powder, salt (to your taste) and leave for 01 hour
- Heat the oil in a pan & add curry leaves, Pandanus (rampe), onion, garlic, ginger, lemon grass mix for 30 seconds
- Then add marinated pork mixture , water and cook for 30 minutes
- When the pork is properly cooked take out from the fire and add roasted curry powder and mustard cream.
- Check salt to your taste.
- Should not cook with roasted curry powder for a long time. This will make your curry taste bitter.
- Also use mustard cream to make the curry in creamy texture
- Do not add coconut milk, pork fat and milk will separate & it will curdle the curry. It will be bad for your stomach.