Purple Yam Soup
01kg purple yam
20g sliced onion
20g celery sticks
10g sliced garlic
20g white part of the leeks
05g white pepper powder
20g red rice
25ml fresh coconut milk
- Heat a cooking pot with melted margarine.
- Add purple yam, leeks, celery, onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 03 minutes.
- Add red rice & purple yam.
- Cook for 01 hour until yam and rice get tender.
- Blend the mixture and remove the froth on the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Same way you will be able to prepare soup with bread fruit, sweet potato, Satawari (hathawariya) and manioc also